Monday, 21 March 2016

Amy Watches - Spectre (Minor Spoilers)


The premise - A cryptic message from Bond's past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.

Thoughts I had whilst watching -
- Don't walk so close to the edge James, accidents happen
- That building is so going down
- Nice man bun dude
- Why do bad guys always kill the pilot in planes? Do you know how to fly? No, so what are you doin'?
- MORIARTY yass
- I relate to Q because I too laugh at my own jokes
- That car is probs going to be blown up
- Urgh shmexy times, I get it shmexy times are great and all BUT WHERE IS THE PLOT JAMES?
- Bad guys always find seats in complete shadow, I need that skill man...
- EWW eye squishing? BAD DRAX
- CAR CHASE TIME
- I always get stressed about the innocent bystanders in films, like are they ok?
- I really want Andrew Scott to be evil cus he plays an amazing bad guy
- He did not pay for that drink js...
- Where did he get a plane?
- Omg SO MUCH UNNECESSARY DRAMA
- Also so many cliches
- Ooo title of the film in the film
- Why do women in James bond always wear silk nighties? Where are the mismatched pajamas?!
- "She punched someone once so she's obvs a strong female!" NO THANKS
- So James Bond can be punched multiple times and not even be bruised but she gets knocked out with one slap?
- Ngl kinda rooting for Drax at this point
- How many cliches can they put in this thing?
- Plot twist - It's a dragon egg and Khaleesi comes in and takes over earth
- Villains need to stop telling the heroes their entire plans before killing them
- OK WHAT, NO. NO SORRY NOT GONNA FLY. YOU LOVE HIM? YOU'VE KNOWN HIM FOR LIKE 2 DAYS GURL, HAD SEX THEN SAID YOU LOVE HIM??? NO NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT.
- Time for the baddies to be real bad shots
- Who printed out pictures of daniel craigs face and put them on all the targets?
- Noo Moriarty
- Where is London's security?
- Legit James just kill him like he tried to murder you and ruin your life??
- Oh thank God it's over, THE END.

Honestly I was really surprised but I did not enjoy this film. I liked the last James Bond movie, Skyfall, but this film was just full of old spy movie cliches and a completely unnecessary love story. The plot felt way too convoluted and a bit all over the place and it may have one of the worst villains I've ever seen. He had crappy 'daddy issue' motivation for wanting James Bond dead and some really shit ways of trying to kill people. Putting the hero in an easily escapable situation then flying off with an evil grin on your face - have I suddenly entered an Austin Powers movie? Personally for me the cons outweighed the pros with this one and it was pretty disappointing. 

I was also pretty disappointed with the representation of women in this film. I get that it's a step up for James Bond (I mean none of them die, right?) but in 2016 I really don't think it's good enough. I personally didn't like the writing of the main female character at all. It felt like she was nothing more than a love interest. They showed us that she could use a gun and had mad skillz(!) but she was just constantly in danger and in my opinion kind of useless. Give me more women like Q with independent stories and character development thank you!

Amy Rating - 3/10 Needed serious work

What did you think of Spectre? Thanks for reading!

Amy x

No comments :

Post a Comment