Friday, 29 January 2016

Sleek Matte Me 'Birthday Suit'

A few weeks ago I was having a YouTube binge watching session when I saw Buzzfeed's Kylie Jenner Lip Kit video. While I'm not really a fan of the Kardashians I am a big fan of lipstick so I clicked, I watched and I fell in love with the colour 'Candy K'. One tiny problem - the Lip Kits are sold out! So I turned to trusty Google to look for some cheaper dupes and I found Sleek's Matte Me lip cream in the colour 'Birthday Suit'.

I was immediately drawn in by the £4.99 price tag and after a quick image search I decided it was worth a go, so I bought it - best decision ever! The colour seems like a pretty good match to the 'Candy K' swatches online and it has really good pigmentation. It's a nice mix between pink and brown which gives it the nude muted pink tone that I love. (May I also just commend the pun in the name, a nude colour called 'Birthday Suit' - well done Sleek).


The product goes on smoothly and although it dries matte I noticed that it didn't dry my lips out like other matte products do. What really surprised me was the staying power of this thing. I wore this baby all day; it went through eating, drinking, talking, accidental scratching, teeth brushing and it only just started coming off in the corners when I took it off that night. Plus even with excellent staying power it came off quite easily with make up remover. Colour me impressed.

The wand is longer and flatter than most other liquid lip products that I've tried, which I find makes application easier. I love the packaging, it's very simple but sleek (see what I did there). It's a great product to take pictures of as well which is an added bonus for a blogger! Also, this may not be an important factor to everyone but the lid clicks into place. Is anyone else very satisfied when their lipstick lid clicks?!
Overall I am very happy. I got a Kylie Jenner-esque colour for much cheaper with great staying power, easy removal and a click-y lid.  If you want Lip Kit colours but are having trouble justifying the price/finding them, try this instead. Sleek is on fleek!

Have you ever tried Sleeks Matte Me products?

Amy x

No comments :

Post a Comment