Friday, 25 December 2015

The Christmas Tag


Merry Christmas! Christmas is my favourite holiday, my whole family gets pretty into it. Our motto is "go hard or go home" and Christmas is the one day we go hardest (that's what she said). So I though hey what better than to do the Christmas Tag on Christmas Day! Well ok technically it's still a couple days until Christmas while I'm writing this but it's that thought that counts right?


1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
Elf! I love comedy films and Will Ferrell is one of my favourite actors. Me and my family have a tradition of sitting down to watch it every year at Christmas!

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
You can't open presents before Christmas! We don't get our presents until 'Santa' has put them in our Christmas sacks at the end of our beds on Christmas morning, then me, my brother and sister wake our parents up about 6am to go and open them! (I'm pretty sure our parents hate us)

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
There was one Christmas when I was young where my parents took me and my siblings outside and there were reindeer hoof prints and sleigh marks in the snow. There were even half eaten carrots sprinkled around! My parents went all out that year!

4. Favourite festive food?
I know that you can have chocolate all year round but I'm going to count it as festive because it's everywhere at Christmas! It's on the Christmas tree, it's in advent calendars, and you even sometimes get given it as a gift, so chocolate is definitely my favourite festive thing to pig out on!


5. Favourite Christmas gift?
I don't think I have a favourite because I've received so much over the years but I once got a keyboard from my parents when I was about 8 that I still use to this day. That was a pretty good present!

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
I'm going to be traditional and say pine tree's - they smell so good! I also do like the Christmassy Yankee Candles though!

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Me, my brother, my sister and my parents all put out food and drink for Santa, then we put our stockings out, climb into bed and our Dad reads us 'The Night Before Christmas' book. It might sound a little crazy but our family is not called the Christmas family for nothing!

8. What tops your tree?
A beautiful silver star! It's massive and we always end up having to cut off a bit of the top of our Christmas tree to fit in on!

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I always wanted a Wendy House and my parents even said I could have one one year but I never got it. It's turned into an inside joke for my family now and they love teasing me about it!

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
The actual day is the best part for me! Opening presents, watching a bunch of cheesy Christmas films and stuffing your face with a massive Christmas meal - what's not to love!

So I think we've all learned a bit (too much) about how much I love Christmas. What do you love best about Christmas?

Amy x

No comments :

Post a Comment