Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Amy Watches - Terminator Genisys (Minor Spoilers)


I finally sat down to watch Terminator Genisys recently. Read more under the cut and, let's just get this out of the way - I'll be back.

Ok, right off the bat let me just say I've never actually seen any of the original Terminator movies. I know, pretty bad for a self proclaimed film lover but they are on the long list of my beautifully named 'stuff to watch' word document. I thought that may be a problem but due to Paramount announcing that Terminator Genisys would be the first in a stand alone trilogy, I decided to go into this with a new pair of unbiased eyes. Here are some very roughly thrown together thoughts I jotted down whilst watching -

- Nekkid Arnie wheeyyyy
- Ooop nakey other guy wheeyyyy
- Oh hey Matt Smith
- Obligatory homeless person to steal clothes off
- Arnie v Arnie: muscle war
- Kyle managed to get some clothes good for him
- Don't drop your gun dude you're the police, what you doin'?
- YES DAENERYS, GIRL POWER!
- Don't mind me just picking up my hand off the road.
- "I don't need saving" - YAASSSS DAENERYS
- How have they not been pulled over yet, the car is missing both doors?
- Mythbusters proved you cant explode a car by shooting a gas tank js...
- Ergh robot skeleton ergh
- Go on Daenerys, kick terminator ass
- Kyle sounds kinda like Jared Padalecki - it's confusing me
- Obligatory science talk to explain time travel
- Lots of partial nekkidness in this so far
- Aww Arnie, he my bae
- They have a lot of nekkid explaining to do
- Arnie is totes human shut your mouth Kyle
- Yes kick him in the balls
- Now they're talking about nekkidness, they are obsessed
- John kinda looks like Matthew Perry.
- Oh hey Matt Smith again. "Who are you?" I'm The Doctor
- Oh good the evil thing has a creepy little kid voice
- YES ARNIE TELL YOUR JOKES U ROCK
- Are they already in love? It's been like 2 hours guys...
- YASSS DANY EXPLODE THEM
- Omg Arnie "seatbelt" you are the best
- Go away fake Chandler
- Casual motorbike bridge jump
- I always think about the random people in movies, like what if you were driving to work and then suddenly, boom, Terminator in the middle of the road?
- Omg Dany is tiny

// *TOILET BREAK* Dad joke of the day: *goes to toilet* "I'll be back" //

- EXCUSE ME I'm no helicopter expert but I'm pretty sure that is not how they work...
- Yaass classic "I'll be back" line
- So much helicopter destruction...
- For the love of God stop with the creepy kid thing
- Arnie is pure gold in this, go on Arnie kill this mofo <3 
- Oh hey Matt Smith again
- Ew robot skeletons again 
- NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO 
- Wait... YYYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS
- Kissy kissy, Arnie smile, the end. 

I actually enjoyed this movie a lot more than I though I would. I did think that it may fall into the stereotypical action-y trope of the one damsel in distress getting saved by the big strong hero who takes everything way too seriously (and always thinks he needs to sacrifice himself for the greater good) but it mostly managed to avoid this. Although I thought it could have used a few more ladies, overall I was impressed. For me it had just the right balance of action, witty one liners, and not taking itself too seriously, all with the added bonus of my leading lady Emilia Clarke.

Amy Rating - 7/10. Consider yourself approved.


Have you seen Terminator Genisys yet? What did you think?

Amy x


No comments :

Post a Comment