Monday, 16 November 2015

Amy Watches - Ant-Man (Minor Spoilers)


Ok, so I have actually already seen this movie but when someone asks you if you want to see Ant-Man again you don't say no! I already love this film for the pure fact that it's made by Marvel and I loved it even more the second time around! So, here are my thoughts from my second viewing - 

- PEGGY! YASS! This is a great way to start a movie
- Aww poor Paul Rudd getting beat up by his mates
- Aww he nicely burglarised stuff
- HOPE YASS! Hope & Peggy should have a movie together.
- Urgh Darren...
- 'He's so ugly I love him' - Me about my problematic faves
- Urgh Darren...
- Omg Luis' stories are the best! Luis, Dave, Kurt and Scott are the dream team!
- PARKOUR
Thanks Scott, now I know how to steal stuff!
- Eww ants
- Oh no not the lamb...DARREN NO. Urgh Darren...
- Aww teeny Scott
- There is no way he did that in 10 seconds js...
- 'Get on the damn ant Scott' - best line ever
- Omg if I woke up surrounded by ants I would run out of the house so fast
- Obligatory science explain-y time
- Urgh Darren...
- Poor Scott, he'll never get to stop stealing stuff
- Just let Hope wear the suit, she'd sort everything out in like 2 seconds flat
- Training montage time! Yass Hope punch him in the face! I think I'm in love
- See the ants, feel the ants, be the ants!
- Hope Pym - ant queen!
- Obligatory emotional background story explanation followed by obligatory emotional bonding
- The Wasp! Omg female supersuit that doesn't show boobs? Hallelujah!
- Scott Lang - moment killer!
- FALCON! YASS! BAE! I don't know who to root for, I love them both so much!
- Urgh Darren...
- Why does no one in movies ever say goodbye on the phone? How do you people know when the conversation is over?!
- Dream team back together!
- 'Don't freak out' immediately freaks out

*PHONE BREAK BECAUSE MY BROTHER RANG*

- I <3 LUIS! Yes punch them in the face!
- Man if ants were dog sized I'd be terrified to go outside
- Urgh Darren...
- Urgh these douches...
- So many face punches in this movie
- DO IT FOR ALL OF US HOPE!
- YASS SCOTT!
- NO HANK!
- GO AWAY DARREN!
- YES LUIS! GOOD GUYS!
- Omg tank attack!
- ANTHONY NOOOOOO! I never knew I could be that attached to an ant
- The fights are so dramatic but so tiny
- Excuse me there seems to be a Doctor Octopus look-a-like in your garden
- Ooo evil Ant-Man is angry!
- Oh Luis you bae
- Urgh Darren
- DOG SIZED ANT EWW
- NO SCOTT
- YES SCOTT
- Is superhero damage covered in these peoples insurance?
- Tbh I'd kiss both Scott and Hope so same
- YASS THE AVENGERS, YASS THE WASP, YASS THE AFTER CREDITS SCENE!
- The end.

When Ant-Man was announced I was pleased but honestly didn't know what to expect. The whole concept of a guy with ant powers seemed a little ridiculous, but after the success of 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' (and the fact that it's a Marvel film) I had hope. So I went to the cinema (twice), I watched, and I loved it! It has just the right amount of humour vs action that I like and Paul Rudd has been one of my faves since he played Mike in 'Friends'. It was a great film and I will definitely be adding it to my DVD collection.

The only down side to this film is the lack of ladies. I would have been thrilled to see Hope Pym kicking ass with one of her female co workers or teaching Maggie how to defend herself but instead we get not one case of Hope even talking to another woman *sigh*. I do think that we got a pretty bad ass woman in the form of Hope but it would be great to see women just talking in today's movies. After all that would be way more real than trying to explain how a guy could possibly shrink down to the size of an ant with some complicated science mumbo jumbo...

Amy Rating - (I'm marking this film down 1 point for the lack of ladies) 9/10. Well done, you were so close to perfect.

Have you seen Ant-Man yet? What did you think?

Amy x

No comments :

Post a Comment